When we turned The Real Easy Book, Vol.1 into a three-horn version two years ago, band directors were thrilled by the possibilities that the expanded arrangements opened up for their ensembles. The three-horn version contains two extra harmony parts to be played during the melodies, as well as three background parts behind soloists and 'shout choruses' before the out heads.
So we are now offering the same sort of three-horn arrangements for eight selected tunes in The Real Easy Book, Vol.2. Available here on our website only, they are being offered as a single digital package consisting of:
Songs included in this upgrade are:
- Two extra complete horn parts for all eight songs.
- For the melody player, we have included background parts for use behind soloists and also 'shout chorus' parts for each tune. (The melodies themselves are not included here, but remain the same as in the printed book.)
- Each of these horn parts are given in C, Bb, Eb and bass clef versions.
- “Barbara” by Horace Silver
- “Black Orchid” by Cal Tjader
- “Fantasy in D” by Cedar Walton
- “Jeannine” by Duke Pearson
- “Jubilation” by Junior Mance
- “Peace” by Horace Silver
- “Sky Dive” by Freddie Hubbard
- “Whisper Not” by Benny Golson
These Supplemental Parts were created by master transcriber, pianist, composer, educator, author and arranger Larry Dunlap.