Modern Etudes for Solo Trumpet
by Cameron Pearce
Really enjoying the book and everyone's performance... very well done, and indeed, quite inventive etudes!”
— Randy Brecker
A unique set of jazz etudes for the contemporary trumpet player, featuring a CD with etudes played by Dave Douglas, Ingrid Jensen, Scott Wendholt, Terell Stafford, Nicholas Marchione and author Cameron Pearce.
- Featuring recorded performances of each etude by some of the greatest jazz trumpeters in the world today, Modern Etudes for Solo
Trumpet is a twenty-first century contribution to the lineage of musical studies for trumpet like Brandt and Charlier.
- A book of challenging yet highly enjoyable etudes that apply to the technical and musical needs of both the aspiring and the accomplished player in todays jazz trumpet arena.
- Featuring new compositions for solo trumpet as well as new melodies over popular standards such as But Not for Me, All the Things
You Are and Honeysuckle Rose.
- Combines a variety of stylistic elements ranging from the very early stages of Jazz to the newer harmonic and intervallic concepts yielding a very creative and beautiful set of studies.
- A collection of inventive etudes that provide a unique contribution to the solo trumpet repertoire.
- Spiral-bound, 43 pages including an accompanying CD download.
Modern Etudes for Solo Trumpet by trumpeter/composer Cameron Pearce is one of the finest etude books to hit the market in quite some time. A must for the seasoned professional searching for fresh materials as well as the aspiring player seeking to raise her/his 'game.'”
— Ray Vega
A fantastic practice environment. After a month of practicing from Cameron's book my sound is more focused, the slots are more defined and I am more confident while taking chances in my melodic lines. And its thrilling to hear my favorite trumpet players perform the etudes. I recommend this book to all!”
— Tim Hagans
Finally, an etude book for contemporary trumpet players that is both inspiring and musically applicable.”
— Ingrid Jensen
These etudes are great! They are very well-crafted and musical! I am reminded, as I listen back to the tracks I played on, just how challenging they can be as well. I know you will enjoy these.”
— Scott Wendholt
Cameron Pearce is a multifaceted musician in New Zealand, both as an educator at CPIT's Bachelor of Musical Arts and as a renowned performer, composer, and arranger. As a trumpeter, he has collaborated with notable artists like Diana Krall, Dave Dobbyn, Bic Runga, Hayley Westenra, and Bobby Shew, among others. Cameron's arranging and composition skills span various genres, working with renowned entities such as the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra, Auckland Philharmonic, and Showbiz Christchurch. He holds a Bachelor of Musical Arts from CPIT and a Master of Arts from Queens College, New York, having been mentored by acclaimed figures like Michael Phillip Mossman. Cameron's discography includes a jazz duo album with pianist David Berkman.