New! Drum Charts for the Three-Horn edition (level 1)
Make The Real Easy Book come alive for your drum students! Complete drum charts and instructional videos for each song, as well as a primer for many styles of contemporary drumming.
- Complete drum charts for each tune.
- A variety of notation styles are used to reflect what drummers may encounter professionally.
- Parts simple enough for beginning players; but which can easily be expanded upon by advanced players.
- Access to a complete set of play through videos for each song.
- Each drum chart includes figures for the harmony, background and shout chorus sections of the arrangements.
- Additional videos and study guides for particular drumming topics like: the "2-Feel", "Elvin Jones" style comping, basic set-ups and fills, Latin Jazz drum grooves, etc.
- Easy, but varied parts give the drum student a good start in learning a variety of jazz drumming styles, from "2-feel" to "Samba" to "Funk".
- Suggested simplified grooves, and basic fills are included with many tunes for easy reference.
- Developed and road-tested for years at the Stanford Jazz Workshop's summer jazz camps. It works!
- Each drum part, though written in a given style, can easily be used to catch the same figures in different styles.
- Perfect for individual students of all ages, as well as jazz combos.
- Spiral-bound, 108 pages.
The easiest tunes from Horace Silver, Eddie Harris, Freddie Hubbard, Red Garland, Cannonball Adderley, Sonny Rollins, Cedar Walton, Wes Montgomery and more!
Get yourself — or your beginning jazz combo — sounding good right away with these drum parts tightly written to musically enhance the 3-horn arrangements.
Chart play-through videos: