New! Drum Charts for the Three-Horn edition (level 1)
Make The Real Easy Book come alive for your drum students! Complete drum charts and instructional videos for each song, as well as a primer for many styles of contemporary drumming.
- Complete drum charts for each tune.
- A variety of notation styles are used to reflect what drummers may encounter professionally.
- Parts simple enough for beginning players; but which can easily be expanded upon by advanced players.
- Access to a complete set of play through videos for each song.
- Each drum chart includes figures for the harmony, background and shout chorus sections of the arrangements.
- Additional videos and study guides for particular drumming topics like: the "2-Feel", "Elvin Jones" style comping, basic set-ups and fills, Latin Jazz drum grooves, etc.
- Easy, but varied parts give the drum student a good start in learning a variety of jazz drumming styles, from "2-feel" to "Samba" to "Funk".
- Suggested simplified grooves, and basic fills are included with many tunes for easy reference.
- Developed and road-tested for years at the Stanford Jazz Workshop's summer jazz camps. It works!
- Each drum part, though written in a given style, can easily be used to catch the same figures in different styles.
- Perfect for individual students of all ages, as well as jazz combos.
The easiest tunes from Horace Silver, Eddie Harris, Freddie Hubbard, Red Garland, Cannonball Adderley, Sonny Rollins, Cedar Walton, Wes Montgomery and more!
Get yourself — or your beginning jazz combo — sounding good right away with these drum parts tightly written to musically enhance the 3-horn arrangements.
Chart play-through videos: